The Insurance Museum will tell the story of insurance to the public, to schools and the insurance community. As the Insurance Museum grows, there will be more work to do and there are all sorts of ways you can help us reach our aims.
- Become an Insurance Museum Founding Member. The Membership offers articles, podcasts and events which takes a deep dive into insurance history and the museum’s plans. Find out more here.
- Be an advocate for the Insurance Museum and spread the word. We use social media to get our message across and gain support. Please find us, follow us, and share our posts.
- Word of mouth recommendations are always a quality “stamp of approval”. Talk to your friends and colleagues about the Insurance Museum. You are welcome to forward our Newsletter on and even get people to sign up.
- We are always looking to connect with the insurance work force, and if there is any way to get into an organisation’s internal communications, do let us know. We would love to share what we are doing and our plans for the future.
- Volunteer for the Insurance Museum. We are always looking for people to help us with administration, to write articles for our Newsletters and Membership, to undertake historic research and to give talks. There are also specific tasks such as the administration of our finances, where we would welcome assistance.
- Look out for objects archives and histories. The Insurance Museum’s collection is presently small, but growing. We are on the lookout for objects and items that will help tell the story of insurance and its history that we could use in our virtual galleries.
- Donate and fundraise. You can donate via our page on the Insurance Museum Website, or our JustGiving page. If you are a fundraiser and willing to offer a bit of time, we would always like to hear your ideas and knowledge. Please contact us if you would like to discuss a donation in more depth.
If you are interested in any of the above, you can always contact us. We will be happy to talk.